Birkenstock USA, LP (BUSA) respects your right to privacy. We know that the information about you that we gather on the Birkenstockusa.com website (the "Site") needs to be carefully and sensitively managed. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. As described in this policy, under certain circumstances, we may share your information with third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
This policy describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our Site. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears at the top of this policy. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing us at email@example.com
- What personal information does Birkenstockusa.com gather?
- How does Birkenstockusa.com use my information?
- Does Birkenstockusa.com share my information?
- How do I know my personal information is secure?
- What about links to other websites?
- What information can I access?
- Are children allowed to use Birkenstockusa.com?
What personal information does Birkenstockusa.com gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us continually improve your shopping experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, shipping/billing address, phone number, credit card number, and other personally identifiable information, when you visit our Site, place an order online or by phone, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make online or by phone. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, and from unrelated third parties.
How does Birkenstockusa.com use my information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our Site and our business
- To contact you if necessary
- To comply with any legal requirements to disclose your information
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. Simply uncheck the box when you create your account. You can also subscribe to or unsubscribe from our newsletter.
Our Site uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our Site and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing and shopping experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our Site.
Does Birkenstockusa.com share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
In the event of a sale or merger, our customers' personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information. When you enter your personal information on our Site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
What about links to other websites?
Which Information Can I Access?
You can review and change certain personal information, relating to our online store, such as your name and contact information. To access your information, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a password) to verify your identity before granting your profile access to make corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
Are Children Allowed to Use Birkenstockusa.com?
Birkenstockusa.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Birkenstockusa.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.